Friday, April 19, 2013

30 weeks


30 weeks. 

Hard to believe. 10 weeks left; it seems like such a short amount of time now. But, a lot of things these days have been hard to believe. Like explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon or that it's been 18 years today since the Oklahoma City Bombing.

It scares me to think that I'm bringing a child into a world where people purposely plan mass destruction and killing but it scares me to think of a world where we let fear and cowardice win over love and strength. There will always be bad things in the world but I couldn't imagine a world without my little love. Monday was a scary day, even though Boston is miles from Oklahoma, as a Boston marathon runner the previous year and a part of the larger running community I felt like this hit really close to home. I thanked God for the baby he gave me, the reason I wasn't in Boston this year, thanked him for the safety of those I love and prayed he would bring comfort and healing to those affected.

I know that I want to teach my daughter to love above all else and that while there is bad in this world there is so much more good. And that runners aren't people you mess with.

What a difference a year makes.

Boston Marathon, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment